Stone Brewing Co. (United States/CA) – Tangerine Express IPA [6.7%]
– An India Pale Ale packed with whole Tangerine and Pineapple –
A TROPICAL IPA THAT TRANSPORTS YOU TO A HOP-INDUCED STATE
‘Imagine the tropical haze of a lazy afternoon- into-evening. Your official duties for the day have been to maybe take a hike to a secluded waterfall, perhaps grill something, definitely chill with plenty of sand between your toes…and crack a phenomenal beer to complete the experience. Check, check, check again and…pfffft…check.’
WELCOME TO OUR VACATION TRANSPORTATION EXPRESS!
‘This ain’t no just-add-juice approach. This one is for adults. We use bountiful whole tangerine purée, which brings pithy, crisp bitterness to the citrus flavor. In addition to the complexities of the tangerine — the likes of which you can only get by using the whole fruit — we judiciously employ just a hint of whole pineapple for a backnote (you’d likely not even pick it out of the mix if we didn’t tell you it was there). We’re not looking for a sweet concoction to appease the “I want my beer to taste like fruit juice” crowd. This is Stone. We like our IPAs to taste like IPAs. Big, bold and not for kids.’
Release Date: January 30, 2017
– Malts: Unknown*.
[ ABV: 6.7% IBU: 75 OG: Unknown* ]
– Available: Limited Release, Tap/Draft, 22oz/650ml Bottles.
– Look: [ Deep Golden-Amber, Hazy with a slightly Orange Hue. ]
– Head: [ 2 Centimeters of Off-White Head, Dense Bubbles with Medium Lacing. ]
– Aroma: [ Citrus Zest, Tangerine, Nectarine, Toffee Malt, Nutty, Pine Needles, and a subtle hint of Grassy Spice. ]
– Taste: [ Whole Tangerines, Orange Rind, Brown Sugar, Pine, Grapefruit and the slightest hints of Plum and Pineapple. ]
– Mouth-Feel: [ Tangerine Pulp, Butterscotch, Fleshy and Juicy. The Tangerine really comes out in the Mouth-Feel above all else, with hints of Pineapple, Fruity Esters, and Nectarine. ]
– Mid Palate: [ More Tangerine Juice, Citrus Pulp, Caramel, Peach, Grapefruit, Mango, and subtle Pine Needles. ]
– Finish: [ Complex Citrus, Sourdough, Tangerine, Pepper, Tropical Fruits, Biscuit Malt, and Viscous Pine Needles. ]
– Overall: [ A sensational IPA. The Aroma and the Texture are the highlights of Tangerine Express. A heavy dose of Tangerine, Melon, Peach, and Pineapple on the nose, with a Juicy, Fleshy and Ripe Texture created from the generous addition of whole Tangerines. The perfect IPA to mix things up, it drinks like a Juice, but there is still enough Hops to remind you that it’s a Stone IPA. The Aroma is unique, hiding behind the ripe Tangerine are subtle hints of Grass, Lemon Peel, Pine Needle and Biscuit. The Palate is Juicy and Refreshing, with Tropical Fruits, Caramel, Grapefruit, and Melons. A well crafted and memorable IPA. ]
– Overall: [ 95.75/100 ] – Style: [ 95.5/100 ]
– Taste: [ 96.25/100 ] Aroma: [ 96.5/100 ]
– Would We Buy It Again?: [ Well, Yes. ]
– Affordable?: [ Yes. 650ml Bottle: $14-16.00 AUD. ]
– Feedback/Tips: [ Brew it again. ]
– Day Or Night?: [ Most certainly an afternoon IPA. ]
– Tangerine Express: 1 Word Review: [ Juicy. ]
– Our Favourite Part Of Stone Tangerine Express: [ It’s tied between the Aroma or the Texture. ]
– Stone Brewing Co. (United States/CA) – Escondido, California, United States –
‘Stone Brewing Co. has come a long way since opening in 1996. We have grown from a small microbrewery into one of the largest craft breweries in the United States, employing more than 1,000 amazing men and women. From the beginning, our goal has been to brew outstanding, unique beers while maintaining an unwavering commitment to sustainability, business ethics, and the art of brewing.
That tremendous growth is strictly the result of word-of-mouth demand for our beers, as we have never paid to advertise our beer in print or broadcast media. That’s correct. Never. We have also never discounted our beer. This is quite unusual in the U.S., as advertising and discounting are two of the primary techniques brewers often use to drive the growth of their brands. But not Stone.
We are also proud that over the years we have grown without compromising our commitment to business ethics. In an industry known for its vigorous—and at times unseemly—competition, we have embraced collaboration, integrity and quality as the hallmarks of our business.
We pride ourselves on being an asset to our region; as such, our community and philanthropic efforts far exceed what can be presented here. We believe that building a strong business means being a vital component of the economic, social, and environmental life of the community.’
– Visit Stone Brewing: http://www.stonebrewing.com/