Stone Brewing (United States/CA) & Heretic Brewing (United States/CA) & Beechwood Brew & BBQ (United States/CA) – 20th Anniversary Encore: Still Unapologetic IPA [8.8%]
WHO SAYS THE WORLD NEEDS ANOTHER IPA? WE DO.
‘Maybe it seems passé to some: three masters of hoppy beer once again exploring the familiar territory of the India pale ale. Who needs yet another IPA, double or otherwise, right? To those who feel this way, this trio’s reply is, “So what?” They aren’t staying in their comfort zone—they’re hitting a sweet spot in the name of all that is good, delicious, hoppy and forward-thinking to create an IPA that’s both like and unlike anything they, or you, have ever tasted. Rife with essence of pine, resin, and fruits both citrus and tropical, there’s no need for apologies with this beer. All that’s necessary is a yearning for hops, a sturdy constitution and an empty glass.’
Stone / Heretic / Beechwood – 2014 Unapologetic IPA [9.0%]
– Release Date: June 30, 2014 –
20TH ANNIVERSARY ENCORE SERIES: BEACHWOOD / HERETIC / STONE
STILL UNAPOLOGETIC IPA
WHO SAYS THE WORLD NEEDS ANOTHER IPA? WE STILL DO.
‘We definitely do not have any misgivings about revisiting our instantly memorable 2014 collaboration with Heretic Brewing Company and Beachwood Brewing. In the 2016 rebirth of this double IPA, we’ve dialed back the dankness and upped the hop intensity with a new mélange of hops (Idaho 7, Azacca and Motueka). Just like the original, its tropical fruit character, spiciness and classic American resiny, piney hop flavor hits a sweet spot in the name of all that is good, delicious, hoppy and forward-thinking.’
Stone / Heretic / Beechwood – Still Unapologetic IPA [8.8%]
– Release Date: August 22, 2016 –
– 2014 Release: Unapologetic IPA –
– Malts: Unknown’.
[ ABV: 9.0% IBU: 85 OG: Unknown’ FG: Unknown’ ]
– Available: Collaboration Special Release, Tap/Draft, 22oz/650ml Bottles.
– 2016 Release: Still Unapologetic IPA –
– Malts: Unknown’.
[ ABV: 8.8% IBU: 85 OG: Unknown’ FG: Unknown’ ]
– Available: Encore 20th Anniversary Release, Limited Edition, Tap/Draft, 22oz/650ml Bottles.
– Look: [ Deep Amber-Golden, with a light Orange hue. ]
– Head: [ 1 Centimeter of Creamy, Dense White Head. ]
– Aroma: [ Pine Needles, Peaches, Stone Fruit, Pineapple, and Honey Melon. ]
– Taste: [ Striking Citrus, Pine Needles, Lychee, Tropical Fruits, and Mango. ]
– Mouth-Feel: [ Well Carbonated, Viscous and Creamy, followed by a Resinous Finish. ]
– Mid Palate: [ Caramel, Biscuits, Peach, Grapefruit, Mango, and Melons. ]
– Finish: [ Pine Needles, Resin, Tangelo Rind, Stewed Pears, Caramel, and Honey. ]
– Overall: [ Complex, Fruity, Resinous, and Tropical! An excellent combination of Floral Citrus, Spice, Honey, and Tropical Fruits on the Palate. Creamy, and Full-Bodied in Texture, with a heap of Resinous Hops lingering in the Finish. Simple, yet Exciting. Balanced on all fronts, the Aroma is Clean and Inviting, the Taste is Delicous, Complex and Moreish, and the Finish is Viscous with Bitter Orange Peel and Pine Needles. Overall, another excellent release from the Stone/Heretic/Beechwood crew. ]
– Overall: [ 96.5/100 ] – Style: [ 96.25/100 ]
– Taste: [ 95.75/100 ] Aroma: [ 96.25/100 ]
– Would We Buy It Again?: [ If we could. Once Again Unapologetic IPA?. And on a side note, to anyone who missed out. We are still unapologetic about drinking the entire case our local bottle shop was allocated. Take our word, it was delicious! ]
– Affordable?: [ Very. 650ml Bomber: $20.00-22.00 Dollars AUD. ]
– Feedback/Tips: [ With Freshness in mind, Unapologetic IPA in Cans. ]
– Day Or Night?: [ Summer Evenings. ]
– Still Unapologetic IPA: 1 Word Review: [ Tropical. ]
– Our Favourite Part Of Still Unapolgetic IPA: [ The Aroma. Strong Pineapple, Pine Needles, Tropical Fruits, and Dank Hops. ]
– Stone Brewing Co. (United States/CA) – Escondido, California, United States –
‘Stone Brewing Co. has come a long way since opening in 1996. We have grown from a small microbrewery into one of the largest craft breweries in the United States, employing more than 1,000 amazing men and women. From the beginning, our goal has been to brew outstanding, unique beers while maintaining an unwavering commitment to sustainability, business ethics, and the art of brewing.
That tremendous growth is strictly the result of word-of-mouth demand for our beers, as we have never paid to advertise our beer in print or broadcast media. That’s correct. Never. We have also never discounted our beer. This is quite unusual in the U.S., as advertising and discounting are two of the primary techniques brewers often use to drive the growth of their brands. But not Stone.
We are also proud that over the years we have grown without compromising our commitment to business ethics. In an industry known for its vigorous—and at times unseemly—competition, we have embraced collaboration, integrity and quality as the hallmarks of our business.
We pride ourselves on being an asset to our region; as such, our community and philanthropic efforts far exceed what can be presented here. We believe that building a strong business means being a vital component of the economic, social, and environmental life of the community.’