Modus Operandi Brewing Co. (Australia/NSW) – Modus Pale Ale [5.2%]
‘A rich golden coloured pale ale, dry hopped with Yakima Valley’s (Washington State) favourite heavy hitting hop, Simcoe. This hop brings with it big aromatics of pine & citrus followed by a crisp finish. 5.2% ABV’
– Malts: Ale Malt, CaraHell, Pale, Wheat, and CaraMalt.
[ ABV: 5.2% IBU: Unknown’ OG: Unknown’ ]
– Available: Year Round, Tap/Draft, 31.98oz/946ml Canimal, 16.9oz/500ml Cans, 4 Pack.
– Look: [ Clean Golden, with a light Amber Haze. ]
– Head: [ 2 Centimeters of Creamy, Off-White Head. ]
– Aroma: [ Pine Needles, Grapefruit, Nectarine, Floral, Guava, and Biscuit. ]
– Taste: [ Tropical Fruits, Peach, Ruby Grapefruit, Melons, and Pine. ]
– Mouth-Feel: [ Refreshing and Creamy, Light-Bodied with a gentle Carbonation. ]
– Mid Palate: [ Subtle hints of Malt, White Peach, Passionfruit, Melons, and Tangerine. ]
– Finish: [ Melons, Nectarine, Grapefruit, Mango, and Resinous Pine.
– Overall: [ I believe it’s safe to say that Modus Pale might just be Australia’s best American Style Pale Ale. Fruity, Tropical, Repeatable, and Refreshing. The perfect Pale Ale for a Summer Session. Ripe Mango, Passionfruit, Tropical Melons, Grapefruit and Resinous Pine Needle linger on the Palate. With a Crisp, Fruity, and Dry Finish that takes you back for more. Such a simplistic Pale Ale, but with so much character and complexity. ]
‘Beer First, No Shortcuts’.
– Overall: [ 96.5/100 ] – Style: [ 97.25/100 ]
– Champion Australian Pale Ale at the Craft Beer Awards in 2015 –
– Best International Style Pale Ale at the Australian International Beer Awards 2016 –
– Taste: [ 97.5/100 ] Aroma: [ 96.75/100 ]
– Would We Buy It Again?: [ Yes. ]
– Affordable?: [ This really comes back to the old saying; ‘Quality not Quantity’. 500ml 4 Pack: $32-35 Dollars AUD. ]
– Feedback/Tips: [ Modus Imperial Pale Ale? ]
– Day Or Night?: [ The perfect ‘All-Rounder’. ]
– Modus Pale: 1 Word Review: [ Piney ]
– Our Favourite Part Of Modus Pale: [ Everything. ]
‘Always dreaming but finally formalising the concept in 2012, it all started in a motor home traveling around the U S of A, blaring Creedence and delving deeper into the craft revolution. We discovered every nook and cranny of the USA craft beer world for six months, brewing, talking, cleaning, talking, cleaning, brewing, and yes, drinking a lot of beer (tough I know).
We returned home to our beloved Northern Beaches with heads full of beer lovin and some very talented American brewers in our bags. Hailing from Oskar Blues Brewery these guys have serious street cred, know good beer and brew even better. They have taught us and our Aussie brewers the real art of craft beer, using first class materials and practices. We have also taught them how to surf, the culinary delight that is a meat pie and how sunscreen is not negotiable in Australia. Its a win win situation.
We are larrikins at heart, but when it comes to our Modus Operandi (Latin for Method of Operation) which put simply is, beer first, no shortcuts, this is where we get real. Fresh live yeast flown in from the USA, the finest specialty malts and hops from all over the world, brewed and packaged in our brewery and permanently kept cold so we don’t have to put preservatives in, means we deliver fresh real craft beer to you. These methods of operation cost more, but we think its worth it. You be the judge.’
– Modus Operandi, 14 Harkeith St, Mona Vale NSW 2103, Australia –
– Visit Modus Operandi Brewing Co: http://www.mobrewing.com.au/#beerfirst