Modus Operandi Brewing Co. (NSW/Australia) – Constant Montage Apricot IPA [4.6%]
‘This brew has been quite the montage! Picture this…
Scene 1: Golden Promise base malt and a touch of Golden Naked oats which add a sweet berry-nut flavour to the beer.
Scene 2: A heavy dry hop of Centennial and Galaxy hops.
Scene 3: She was then blended with 45L of fresh house pureed Australian apricots.
Scene 4: The finished beer is fruity af! The berry like malts, fruity hops and the apricot puree will have you confusing this with fruit juice.
Scene 5: Sip, sink, savour. A cracker beer to take us through the end of summer!’
‘Available from the Modus Brewery ONLY!’
– Malts: Golden Promise Malts, and Golden Naked Oats.
– Specialty Ingredients: Australian Grown Apricots.
[ ABV: 4.6% IBU: Unknown’ OG: Unknown’ FG: Unknown’ ]
– Available: Brewery Only Special Release, Tap/Draft, 31.98oz/946ml Canimal.
– Look: [ Light Amber-Golden, with a Hazy, Orange Hue. ]
– Head: [ 1 Centimeter of Bubbly, Off-White Head. ]
– Aroma: [ Pronounced Apricot, Nectarine, White Peach, Mango, and Grapefruit. ]
– Taste: [ Tropical Fruits, Melons, Apricot, Biscuit Malts, Guava, and Straw. ]
– Mouth-Feel: [ Gentle, Refreshing, and Juicy. The Apricot adds a rather unique Texture, with a Light-Body and soft Carbonation. ]
– Mid Palate: [ Biscuits, Fleshy Apricot, Ruby Grapefruit, Peach, and subtle Citrus. ]
– Finish: [ Fresh Melons, Nectarine, Peach, Apricot, subtle Citrus, with hints of Grass and Straw. ]
– Overall: [ Fruity, Juicy, Fresh, and Sessionable. Light-Bodied in the Malt department, however the Apricot adds another layer. Juicy, Exciting, and insanely Repeatable. Imagine the Modus Session IPA, just with all the benefits of delicious, Aussie grown Apricots. Citrus, Peach, Apricot, and Nectarine on the Palate, with a Dry, Lingering Bitterness showing hints of Fresh Cut Grass, Passionfruit, Melons, and Biscuit. Another delicious release from the team at MO. Now we just need to get them to keep brewing it! ]
‘Beer First, No Shortcuts’.
– Overall: [ 94.5/100 ] – Style: [ 95.25/100 ]
– Taste: [ 95.5/100 ] Aroma: [ 94.75/100 ]
– Would We Buy It Again?: [ If we could. One can hope that Modus brews the Constant Montage as a once a year special release. ]
– Affordable?: [ Absolutely. 946ml Canimal: $19.00 Dollars AUD. ]
– Feedback/Tips: [ Double Montage? Peach Montage, Guava Montage, Grapefruit Montage… ]
– Day Or Night?: [ Summer Afternoons in the Beer Garden. ]
– Modus Constant Montage: 1 Word Review: [ Apricot. ]
– Our Favourite Part Of Modus Constant Montage: [ The Texture. The body of Constant Montage is one of a kind, so Fleshy, Juicy, and Smashable. ]
‘Always dreaming but finally formalising the concept in 2012, it all started in a motor home traveling around the U S of A, blaring Creedence and delving deeper into the craft revolution. We discovered every nook and cranny of the USA craft beer world for six months, brewing, talking, cleaning, talking, cleaning, brewing, and yes, drinking a lot of beer (tough I know).
We returned home to our beloved Northern Beaches with heads full of beer lovin and some very talented American brewers in our bags. Hailing from Oskar Blues Brewery these guys have serious street cred, know good beer and brew even better. They have taught us and our Aussie brewers the real art of craft beer, using first class materials and practices. We have also taught them how to surf, the culinary delight that is a meat pie and how sunscreen is not negotiable in Australia. Its a win win situation.
We are larrikins at heart, but when it comes to our Modus Operandi (Latin for Method of Operation) which put simply is, beer first, no shortcuts, this is where we get real. Fresh live yeast flown in from the USA, the finest specialty malts and hops from all over the world, brewed and packaged in our brewery and permanently kept cold so we don’t have to put preservatives in, means we deliver fresh real craft beer to you. These methods of operation cost more, but we think its worth it. You be the judge.’
– Modus Operandi, 14 Harkeith St, Mona Vale NSW 2103, Australia –
– Visit Modus Operandi Brewing Co: http://www.mobrewing.com.au/