Kaiju Beer! (Vic/Australia) & Killer Sprocket (Vic/Australia) – Kaks Cotmari Collaboration Black Rye IPA [7.7%]
‘“The offspring of the she beast Cotmari and her robot lover Mech-Kaks……? Dude, awesome”.’
– Malts: Classified’ Dark Crystal’, Chocolate’, Flaked Oats’, Rye’, CaraMunich’ and Smoked’ Malts.
[ ABV: 7.7% IBU: Unknown* OG: None* ]
– Available: Special Release, Tap/Draft, 16.9oz/500ml Bottles.
– Taste: Robust Malts, Toffee, Caramelized Brown Sugar, Lemon Zest, Grapefruit and Pine. Hints of Citrus, Coffee, and Vegemite on the Palate, followed by a Rich, Lingering Bitterness with Herbaceous, Floral Citrus, and Roasted Malt characteristics.
– Aroma: Roasted Malts, Charred Oak, Caramel, Lemongrass, Peach and Pine Needle.
– Look: Deep Opaque Black.
– Overall: Hearty, Robust, and Balanced. Deep Malt and Christmas Fruit qualities, hints of Citrus, Lemongrass, Grapefruit, and Pine. Lingering Bitterness on the Palate, with a Smooth, Creamy Carbonation. Rich, Burnt Flavours of Caramel and Rye, complimenting the addition of Aromatic Hops. Quite possibly Australia’s best Black IPA to date.
– Overall: [ 96.5/100 ] – Style: [ 96.25/100 ]
– Kaiju! Beer – Victoria, Australia –
– Visit Kaiju! Beer: http://www.kaijubeer.com.au/
– Killer Sprocket Brewing – Victoria, Australia –
– Visit Killer Sprocket: http://killersprocket.com.au/