Brewdog (Scotland) – Jack Hammer Ruthless India Pale Ale [7.2%]
‘Start with a colossal grapefruit aroma. Pile on bitterness after thumping bitterness, and ride the anarchy wherever it takes you. The caramel razor is sharp, but the resinous bite drills straight through your taste buds.
For blitzing the mediocre, raising hell and revelling in the aftermath, Jack Hammer is the end of the line. The hopped-up, pucker-mouthed terminal extreme of craft brewing. This beer is bitter. Very bitter. If you push that button, don’t say we didn’t warn you…’
– Malts: Extra Pale Malts.
[ ABV: 7.2% IBU: 200+ OG: 1.069 ]
– Available: Year Round, Tap, 11.2oz/330ml Bottle, 11.2oz/330ml Can, 4 Pack.
– Taste: Tangy Citrus, Lemon Rind, Grapefruit and hints of Tropical fruits. Insanely Bitter with a Resinous, Dank, Earthen and Pine Needle-like lingering Finish. First class Palate destroyer.
– Aroma: Pine Needle, Grapefruit, Peach, Cut Grass and Floral Citrus.
– Look: Clear Golden Yellow.
– Overall: Creamy, Balanced, and Robust. Incredibly Dry with a huge lingering Bitterness, bold Floral Citrus, Herbal, Spice, Grass and Grapefruit characteristics followed by a well balanced Malt backbone. With a colossal 200+ Theoretical IBU’s Jack Hammer tends to be a little Bitter, yet she remains so Balanced, Refined, and Enjoyable that it somehow works, well. Jack Hammer truly is a Unique and Special IPA, and we couldn’t imagine the IPA World without her.
– Overall: [ 95.5/100 ] – Style: [ 96.5/100 ]
– Brewdog – Fraserburgh, United Kingdom – Glasgow, Scotland –
2 EMPLOYEES + 1 DOG 1,050HL BEER BREWED
MARTIN AND I (JAMES) WERE BORED OF THE INDUSTRIALLY BREWED LAGERS AND STUFFY ALES THAT DOMINATED THE UK BEER MARKET.
We decided the best way to fix this undesirable predicament was to brew our own. Consequently in April 2007 BrewDog was born.
Both only 24 at the time, we leased a building in Fraserburgh, got some scary bank loans, spent all our money on stainless steel and started making some hardcore craft beers.
We brewed tiny batches, filled bottles by hand and sold our beers at local markets and out of the back of our beat up old van.
Our biggest mission when we set up BrewDog was to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are. And that is still our biggest mission today.
– Visit Brewdog: https://www.brewdog.com/
– Find all of Brewdogs Recipes Here: DIY Dog by Brewdog
– Home Brewesphere: Brewdog Jackhammer IPA Clone –
Batch Size: 6.08 Gallons/23 Litres –
Boil Size: 8.79 Gallons/33.2 Litres –
[ ABV: 6.7% IBU: 238 SRM: 5.7 OG: 1.069 (16.6 PLATO) FG: 1.014 (3.5 PLATO) Boil Time: 60 Minutes ]
– Ingredients –
|16 lbs 9.9 oz||Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM)||Grain||1|
|1.3 oz||Centennial [10.0%] – Boil @ 60 min||Hops||2|
|1.3 oz||Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.0%] – Boil @ 60 min||Hops||3|
|1.3 oz||Centennial [10.0%] – Boil @ 30 min||Hops||4|
|1.3 oz||Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.0%] – Boil @ 30 min||Hops||5|
|1.8 oz||Centennial [10.0%] – Steep @ 60 min||Hops||6|
|1.8 oz||Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.0%] – Steep @ 60 min||Hops||7|
|1.8 oz||Amarillo [9.2%] – Dry Hop @ 7 days||Hops||8|
|1.8 oz||Citra [12.0%] – Dry Hop @ 7 days||Hops||9|
|1.8 oz||Simcoe [13.0%] – Dry Hop @ 7 days||Hops||10|
– Find Jay Bolt’s Clone Here: Jackhammer Explicit IPA Clone