Brewdog (Scotland) – IPA is Dead: Mandarina Bavaria Single Hop IPA [7.2%]
‘2015 IPA is Dead series. From the central European plains of Germany, comes something very different. A blast of tangerine and orange, Mandarina Bavaria brings a highly distinctive backbone of flavour. This is down to its parent – Cascade – and a frankly enormous 70% myrcene oil content. If equate Germany solely with earthy, spicy Noble hops, Mandarina Bavaria will make you think again.’
‘We felt it was time hops went solo and got their own prime-time show. IPA is Dead showcases 4 killer hop varieties to create 4 radically different single hop IPAs.
Each IPA contains the same malt backbone and is brewed to be 75 IBU and is enthusiastically kettle hopped and dry hopped with one of our favourite hops. IPA is Dead strips back the complex layers and exposes the beating heart of an IPA; the hops, in all of their transparent glory.
Can you say you’ve ever experienced 100% pure hop awesomeness? IPA is Dead is brewed and bottled to do just that. IPA is Dead. Long live IPA.
The 2015 IPA is Dead release sees us brew with Chinook, Ella, Mandarina Bavaria and Pioneer.’
– Hops: Mandarina Bavaria Single Hopped.
– Malts: Extra Pale Malts.
[ ABV: 7.2% IBU: 75 OG: Unknown* ]
– Available: Special Release, 11.2oz/330ml Bottle, IPA is Dead Single Hop Series 4 Pack.
– Taste: Floral-Spice, Honey, Mandarin, Grapefruit and slight Tropical fruit qualities. Earthen and subtle, yet complex and aggressive. Lingering Bitterness with a sweet, Fruit like Malt finish.
– Aroma: Resinous Pine, Floral-Citrus, Mandarin, Grass, Basil, and Herbal-Spice.
– Look: Golden Orange.
– Overall: Subtle yet detailed, slight hints of Tropical fruit, fresh Citrus, Floral Spice and Grass. Soft in texture with a lingering Hop bitterness, gradually releasing complex layers of Fruit and Spice. Delicate, Earthen and Balanced.
– Overall: [ 88.5/100 ] – Style: [ 88.5/100 ]
– Brewdog – Fraserburgh, United Kingdom – Glasgow, Scotland –
2 EMPLOYEES + 1 DOG 1,050HL BEER BREWED
We decided the best way to fix this undesirable predicament was to brew our own.Consequently in April 2007 BrewDog was born.
Both only 24 at the time, we leased a building in Fraserburgh, got some scary bank loans, spent all our money on stainless steel and started making some hardcore craft beers.
We brewed tiny batches, filled bottles by hand and sold our beers at local markets and out of the back of our beat up old van.
Our biggest mission when we set up BrewDog was to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are. And that is still our biggest mission today.
– Visit Brewdog: https://www.brewdog.com/
– Find All of Brewdogs Recipes Here: DIY Dog by Brewdog