Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (United States/CA) – Hoptimum Whole Cone Imperial IPA 2014 [10.4%]
‘Hoptimum is a hurricane of whole-cone hop flavor. Hopped, dry hopped and torpedoed for incredible hop flavor and complexity, Hoptimum is the pinnacle of whole-cone hoppiness and the biggest Imperial IPA we have ever produced. It features resinous hop varieties: Magnum, Chinook, Simcoe and a new experimental hop variety exclusive to Sierra Nevada. With intense hop flavors and aromas of grapefruit rind, pine, herbs and tropical fruit, Hoptimum is an aggressive drinking experience. Originally created as part of our Beer Camp program, Hoptimum throws down the gauntlet to all other IPAs.’
– Malts: 2-Row Pale, Munich and Wheat Malts.
[ ABV: 10.4% IBU: 100 PLATO: 22.8 PLATO: 4,5 ]
– Available: Year Round, Tap, 12oz/355ml Bottle, 4 Pack.
– Taste: Sweet Malts, Caramelised Sugar, Robust Pine Needle, Fresh Citrus and Orange on the Palate. Rich, Sweet Malts build the base, followed up by huge Grapefruit, Mandarin, Peach and Pine like flavours which enhance the Pungent, Floral Bitterness.
– Aroma: Caramel, Grapefruit, Pine Needle, Soft Citrus, Lemon, Peach and Stone Fruit.
– Look: Orange Amber.
– Overall: Balanced, Clean, Resinous, and Piney. Sweet Caramel, Toffee, and Honey gently ease the Palate into the ensuing Hop onslaught. Huge Pine Needle, Grapefruit Peel, Marmalade, Orange, Peach and Apricot create a Complex Finish. Drink Fresh to truly appreciate the Fresh, Aromatic, Resinous, and Dank Flavours of American Hops. Hoptimum is Big, Unforgiving, and Palate Punishing, yet at the same time she is truly Balanced, Complex and Beautiful. One of our favourite ‘Old School’ West Coast Imperial IPA’s.
– Overall: [ 96.5/100 ] – Style: [ 96.75/100 ]
– Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. – Chico, California, United States –
‘We set out with a simple goal: brew the beers we wanted to drink. We started small, with a homebrew shop, a love of American hops and plenty of passion. In the process, we changed the beer world forever. Decades later, we’re still at it, and the passion burns brighter than ever.
– Visit Sierra Nevada: http://www.sierranevada.com/