Brewdog (Scotland) – Hardcore IPA Explicit Imperial Ale [9.2%]
‘This little bottle has a grandiloquent story to tell.
2,204 malted Maris Otter grains gave all they had to offer the world to provide the robustly delicate toffee malt canvas for the ensuing epic.
6 Hop Cones willingly sacrificed themselves in fiery cauldron that is our brew kettle to ensure your mouth is left feeling punished and puckering for more.
9,900,000,000 yeast cells frantically fermented their little hearts out as the sugars were magically turned into alcohol in the dark depths of our fermentation tanks.
This explicit ale has more hops and bitterness that any other beer brewed in the UK. This is an extreme beer rollercoaster for freaks, gypsies and international chess superstars.’
– Malts: Maris Otter, Crystal, Extra Pale and CaraMalts*.
[ ABV: 9.2% IBU: 125 OG: 1.083 ]
– Available: Year Round, Tap, 11.2oz/330ml Bottle.
– Taste: Fruity Citrus, Mango, Passion Fruit, Orange, Biscuit Malt qualities and Heather Honey. Sweet Caramel like notes with a lingering Bitterness, Herbal, Floral and almost Metallic in nature with hints of Copper and Bronze.
– Aroma: Caramel, Mango, Citrus, Metal, Lychee, Pineapple, and Grapefruit.
– Look: Copper Hued Amber.
– Overall: Robust, Rounded, Lingering, and Full-Bodied. Crisp and Refreshing, yet holding nothing back, Bitter and Bold, yet Refined and Delicate. Overall an excellent Imperial IPA, Tropical Fruit, Citrus and Mango qualities, all backed up by Sweet Toffee, Caramel, and Biscuit like characteristics. At Hoposphere there is always room for another… after all, it was the Hardcore that started our Craft Beer Adventure.
– Overall: [ 93.5/100 ] – Style: [ 94.25/100 ]
– Brewdog – Fraserburgh, United Kingdom – Glasgow, Scotland –
2 EMPLOYEES + 1 DOG 1,050HL BEER BREWED
MARTIN AND I (JAMES) WERE BORED OF THE INDUSTRIALLY BREWED LAGERS AND STUFFY ALES THAT DOMINATED THE UK BEER MARKET.
We decided the best way to fix this undesirable predicament was to brew our own.Consequently in April 2007 BrewDog was born.
Both only 24 at the time, we leased a building in Fraserburgh, got some scary bank loans, spent all our money on stainless steel and started making some hardcore craft beers.
We brewed tiny batches, filled bottles by hand and sold our beers at local markets and out of the back of our beat up old van.
Our biggest mission when we set up BrewDog was to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are. And that is still our biggest mission today.
– Visit Brewdog: https://www.brewdog.com/
– Find All of Brewdogs Recipes Here: DIY Dog by Brewdog
– Home Brewesphere: Brewdog Hardcore Imperial IPA Clone –
– 18 lbs Maris Otter
– 12 oz. Crystal 40
– 8 oz. CaraMalt
– 2 oz. Columbus 15%a, 60 minutes
– 1 oz Simcoe 13%a, 60 minutes
– 1 oz. Centennial 10%a, 40 minutes
– 1 oz. Columbus 15%a, 20 minutes
– 1 oz Simcoe 13%a, 20 minutes
– 1 oz. Centennial 10%a, 10 minutes
Yeast: WLP007 Dry English Ale or Wyeast 1098 British Ale
– Dry Hop: 1 oz. Simcoe, 1/2 oz. Centennial, 1/2 oz. Columbus
Mash all grains for 1 hour at 152 degrees.
Sparge at 170 degrees.
One hour boil with hop regimen above.
Ferment at 63-68 degrees.