Ballast Point Brewing (United States/CA) – Habanero Sculpin IPA [7.0%]
‘Our Sculpin IPA with Habanero Pepper began as a crazy experiment that’s taken on a life of its own. While its bright fruit notes and hoppy bite has made the original one of our favorites, this version takes that balance of flavors to the next level with the citrusy, floral heat of habaneros. Sculpin are known to sting, but this one’s got a kick.’
– Malts: Pale, CaraPils, Crystal 30 and 2-Row Pale Malts.
[ ABV: 7.0% IBU: 70 OG: Unknown* ]
– Available: Year Round, Tap, 12oz/355ml Bottle & Can.
– Taste: Initial Taste is similar to that of the Grapefruit Sculpin, Tropical Fruits, Grapefruit, Fresh Citrus and Pine Needles. White Pepper, Mandarin, Citrus-Peel, Habanero, and Chili linger on the Tongue creating a truly Memorable IPA.
– Aroma: Passion Fruit, Mango, Grapefruit, Floral Citrus, Pine and White Pepper.
– Look: Hazy Golden Orange.
– Overall: Delicious Tropical Fruits, Mango, Passion Fruit, Lychee, Grapefruit and Citrus on the Palate. Gentle at first, followed by the Heat of Habanero Peppers, Chili, and Spice. Smooth in Texture, Balanced, Aromatic, and Floral, with Spice in the Finish, delicately hidden amongst Tropical Fruits, Citrus, Grapefruit, and Peaches. Most people say “You can only drink a 10oz of the Habanero Sculpin”, we beg to differ.
– Overall: [ 94.5/100 ] – Style: [ 97/100 ]
– Ballast Point Brewing Co. – 5401 Linda Vista Rd #406, San Diego, CA 92110, United States –
The perfect balance of taste and aroma. An obsession with ingredients. An exploration of techniques. And while we savor the result, we’re just as fascinated by the process to get there. What started as a small group of home brewers, who simply wanted to make a better beer, evolved into the adventurers known today as Ballast Point.
We live to add our own touch and ask if there’s a better way. As we tinkered, tested and tasted, we discovered that making beer was more art than science. And while we respect and honor tradition, we relish the opportunity to take it further. That freedom has allowed us to reinterpret brewing. And along the way help to reinvigorate the industry. From bringing a hoppy twist to a porter, or developing a proprietary yeast for our amber ale, to creating a breakthrough gold medal-winning IPA.
– Visit Ballast Point: http://www.ballastpoint.com/