Stone Brewing Co. (United States/CA) – Go To Session IPA [4.5%]
‘Since Day One, we’ve been abundantly forthright and fully transparent about our lust for hops. It’s led us to craft many an IPA, most of them imperial—some intense for their time and all timeless in their intensity. For Stone Go To IPA, we are embracing our hop obsession in a new way, funneling an abundance of lupulin-borne bitterness into a “session” IPA delivering all the fruity, piney character of a much bigger IPA. To accomplish this, we employed “hop bursting,” a new technique wherein an irrational amount of hops is added during the final phase of the brewing process to coax out extreme flavors and aromas while also imparting a burst of desirably pleasant bitterness. The result is an Alpha-acid-rich beer that fans can enjoy more of without missing out on the assertive hop character you, like us, crave. So, sit back and go two with your new everyday go-to IPA and bask along with us in the glory of the almighty hop.’
– Malts: Classified*.
[ ABV: 4.5% IBU: 65 OG: Unknown* ]
– Available: Year Round, Tap, 12oz/355ml, 6 Pack.
– Taste: Pine Needle, Mango and Lemon Zest, hints of Grapefruit and Mandarin followed by a Floral. Citrus-Like Lingering Bitterness. Balanced Malt, with hints of Biscuit, Almonds, Honey and subtle Caramel.
– Aroma: Tropical Fruits, Pine Needle, Floral-Citrus, Passion Fruit and Blood Orange.
– Look: Yellow Hued Golden.
– Overall: Pleasantly Bitter, Smooth, Balanced and Progressive. Striking Citrus, Passion Fruit, Lemon, Mango and Tropical Melons delight the Palate, gentle Carbonation with a Rounded, Crisp Finish leaving a Lingering, Citrus-Like Bitterness. Repeatable, Refreshing and ever so Moreish, with a Creamy Texture, Tropical Aromas and delicate Citrus and Pine Needle qualities on the Palate, Go To IPA is easily one of the best Session IPA’s on the market.
– Overall: [ 96.75/100 ] – Style: [ 97.75/100 ]
– Stone Brewing Company – Escondido, California, United States –
‘Stone Brewing Co. has come a long way since opening in 1996. We have grown from a small microbrewery into one of the largest craft breweries in the United States, employing more than 1,000 amazing men and women. From the beginning, our goal has been to brew outstanding, unique beers while maintaining an unwavering commitment to sustainability, business ethics, and the art of brewing.
That tremendous growth is strictly the result of word-of-mouth demand for our beers, as we have never paid to advertise our beer in print or broadcast media. That’s correct. Never. We have also never discounted our beer. This is quite unusual in the U.S., as advertising and discounting are two of the primary techniques brewers often use to drive the growth of their brands. But not Stone.
We are also proud that over the years we have grown without compromising our commitment to business ethics. In an industry known for its vigorous—and at times unseemly—competition, we have embraced collaboration, integrity and quality as the hallmarks of our business.
We pride ourselves on being an asset to our region; as such, our community and philanthropic efforts far exceed what can be presented here. We believe that building a strong business means being a vital component of the economic, social, and environmental life of the community.’
– Visit Stone Brewing Co.: http://www.stonebrewing.com/