Bruny Island Beer Co. – Cloudy Bay India Pale Ale [6.6%]
‘This IPA honours the Hop Breeders of Hop Products Australia, who painstakingly developed each of these six Hops. As proprietary strains, they may only be grown by HPA at it’s Rostrevor Hop Gardens (VIC) and Bushy Park Estates (TAS).
Style: Naturally Hazy Raw Wheat IPA’
– Malts: Westminster Pale Malted Barley & Bruny Island Red Wheat.
[ ABV: 6.6% IBU: Unknown* OG: Unknown* ]
– Available: Limited Release, Tap/Draft, 16.9oz/500ml Bottle, 4 Pack.
– Look: [ Hazy, Cloudy Yellow-Straw in Colour. ]
– Head: [ 4-5 Centimeters of Cloudy-Yellow Head. ]
– Aroma: [ Ripe Fruits, Apple & Pear, Stonefruit, Peach, and Wheat. ]
– Taste: [ Caramel, Apricot, Lychee, Sourdough, Mandarin, and Biscuit. ]
– Mouth-Feel: [ Light-Bodied, Fruity, Green, and Malty. ]
– Mid Palate: [ Heather Honey, Caramel Malts, Nectarine, Peach, and Stonefruit. ]
– Finish: [ Slight Mandarin, Lemongrass, Bread, Tangerine, Biscuits, and subtle Melon. ]
– Overall: [ Malt-Driven. Complex, Balanced, and Fruity. The Aroma displays Ripe Fruits, Melons, Caramel, Bread, and hints of Citrus Peel, followed by Sourdough, Peach, Stonefruit, and Wheat on the Palate. A very easy drinking IPA, almost English in style, but somewhat unique thanks to the use of a bucket load of Tasmanian Hops. The Mouth-Feel is Complex, Juicy, Fluffy, and very Carbonated. A slightly Astringent Bitterness lingers in the mouth, however the finish is short lived. Cloudy Bay remains well Balanced, Fruity, and Smooth on the Palate, an IPA you can easily drink a few Pints of at your local on a sunny Tasmanian afternoon. ]
– Overall: [ 86.75/100 ] – Style: [ 85.25/100 ]
– Taste: [ 88.75/100 ] Aroma: [ 82.5/100 ] –
– Would We Buy It Again?: [ On Tap At The Pub, Yes. ]
– Affordable?: [ Very reasonable for a Tasmanian IPA. 500ml Bottle. $10-13 Dollars AUD. ]
– Feedback/Tips: [ More Hops in the Aroma please! ]
– Day Or Night?: [ A great, drizzly afternoon drink. ]
– Cloudy Bay: 1 Word Review: [ Cloudy. ]
– 1807 Main Road, Great Bay, Bruny Island, Tasmania, Australia –
‘Bruny Island Beer Co. makes hand crafted ales that are open-fermented, naturally bottle-conditioned and preservative- free.
We are blessed to have some of the finest brewing ingredients in the world, right on our doorstep. We only ever use whole-cone hops grown in Australia’s oldest hop fields at Bushy Park, Tasmania. We select our grains from local farms and maltsters. We never filter or pasteurise our ales, so you can expect natural, living yeast sediment in the bottle.
Our beers are available on tap and in bottles through our Cellar Door on Bruny Island, our Hobart shop, through the Cheese Club and our online store as well as through selected stores, pubs and bars.’
– Visit Bruny Island Cheese & Beer Co.: https://brunyislandcheese.com.au/