Brewdog (Scotland) – Brixton Porter [5.0%]
‘Winner of the Prototype Challenge 2013, this has become the latest in our occasional brews range, joining the likes of Jack Hammer, our super bitter West coast IPA, Cocoa Psycho, our amped-up imperial stout brewed with cacao and coffee, and Dogma, our heather honey Scotch ale.
Brixton Porter is our 21st century interpretation of an 18th century style. Brixton Porter delivers a bold chocolate and coffee flavours with light smokiness and hints of autumn fruit all but built on a low ABV, lighter bodied backbone. As much a session beer as Dead Pony Club or 5am Saint, Brixton Porter is complex and intriguing, but you won’t have to stop after one. If – like us – you enjoy drinking all afternoon in the sun, but – like us – you live in a country that means the temperature might still be south of chilly, this will suit you perfectly.’
– Malts: Pale, Dark Crystal, Roasted Barley, Black, Amber and Flaked Oats.
[ ABV: 5.0% IBU: 50 OG: Unknown* ]
– Available: Special Release, Tap, 11.2oz/330ml.
– Taste: Robust Coffee, Cocoa, Raisin Toast, Toffee and Roasted Oats. Hints of Caramel, Milk Chocolate, and Dark Fruits.
– Aroma: Arabian Coffee, Cocoa, Raisins, Caramel, and Toasted Malts.
– Look: Deep Rich Black.
– Overall: Balanced, Robust, Bitter and Pleasantly Smooth. Toasted flavours of Chocolate, Coffee, Christmas Fruits and Caramel. Exceptionally Balanced and Smooth, Medium Bodied with a Creamy Texture and Dry Finish.
– Overall: [ 92.5.5/100 ] – Style: [ 93/100 ]
– Brewdog – Fraserburgh, United Kingdom – Glasgow, Scotland –
2 EMPLOYEES + 1 DOG 1,050HL BEER BREWED
MARTIN AND I (JAMES) WERE BORED OF THE INDUSTRIALLY BREWED LAGERS AND STUFFY ALES THAT DOMINATED THE UK BEER MARKET.
We decided the best way to fix this undesirable predicament was to brew our own.Consequently in April 2007 BrewDog was born.
Both only 24 at the time, we leased a building in Fraserburgh, got some scary bank loans, spent all our money on stainless steel and started making some hardcore craft beers.
We brewed tiny batches, filled bottles by hand and sold our beers at local markets and out of the back of our beat up old van.
Our biggest mission when we set up BrewDog was to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are. And that is still our biggest mission today.
– Visit Brewdog: https://www.brewdog.com/
– Find All of Brewdogs Recipes Here: DIY Dog by Brewdog