Boatrocker Brewing Company (VIC/Australia) – 2016 Mitte: French Oak Ex-Wine Barrique Barrel Aged Berliner Weisse with Brettanomyces Bruxellensis [3.5%]
‘Traditionally brewed Berliner Weisse style sour beer aged in French Oak Barriques with Brettanomyces Bruxellensis. Big, complex ester profile with delicate notes of Brettanomyces and Chardonnay.
Current Availability: 500ml bottles.’
– Hops: Unknown’. German Noble Variety.
– Malts: Unknown’. Wheat Malt.
– Barrel Type: French Oak Ex-Wine Barriques [ 225 Litres / 59 Gallons ]
– Specialty: Brettanomyces Bruxellensis.
[ ABV: 3.5% IBU: Unknown’ OG: Unknown’ ]
– Available: Special Release, 16.9oz/500ml Bottle.
– Look: [ Cloudy, Pale-Golden with a Yellow Hue. ]
– Head: [ 1 Centimeter of Soapy Head, quickly Dissipating with subtle Lacing. ]
– Aroma: [ Wheat, Lemon Zest, White-Grapes, Oak, Funk, and Stonefruit. ]
– Taste: [ Gentle Oak, Sour Lemon-Rind, Wheat, Chardonnay, and Citrus Tart. ]
– Mouth-Feel: [ Gentle and Refreshing, with Lemon Rind, Wheat, Stonefruit, Honey Melon and hints of Biscuit lingering on the Palate. ]
– Mid Palate: [ Light Grass and Heather Honey, with hints of Oak, Wheat, Pinot Gris,Citrus, and Lemon Meringue. ]
– Finish: [ Dry Melons, Oak, Soured Citrus, Apples, White Wine, and Herbs. ]
– Overall: [ Complex, Unique, Refreshing, and Juicy. Not Sour, just Tangy, with the flavours of Citrus Zest, Peach, Chardonnay, and Wheat that creates a thought provoking Berliner Weisse. Sessionable, Flavoursome, and incredibly Refreshing, with hints of Oak, Wine, and subtle Grassy-Spice. A beer we struggle to control ourselves around, and one of our most recommended examples of an Australian Berliner Weisse. ]
– Overall: [ 94.25/100 ] – Style: [ 94.5/100 ]
– Boatrocker Brewery – 51 Macbeth Street, Braeside Victoria, Australia 3195 –
Welcome to Boatrocker Brewing Co.
Awarded “Champion Small Brewery” at AIBA 2015.
Boatrocker Brewery are a small, family owned and run microbrewery in Melbourne’s south-east. We make world class, international award winning beers, without compromising on the quality of the ingredients. Hopefully you can join us on the journey that is craft beer.
Boatrocker Barrel Room & Cellar Door Now Open.
Featuring 15 taps of Boatrocker’s multi award winning beers with occasional guest and inspiration taps amongst a relaxed family friendly environment.
– Visit Boatrocker Brewing: http://www.boatrocker.com.au/
– Boiler Maker of the Month II: February 2017 –
Boatrocker’s Mitte was also part of our Boiler Maker of the Month for February, 2017. You can check out or paring by clicking on the link below:
BMOTM II: February 2017: Battle of the Barriques